Week 15 of the NFL has come and gone, and DraftKings Sportsbook was kind enough to provide a list of which NFL teams their users are betting on the most.
It is interesting to see where the sports betting community makes their investments. Since DraftKings is the largest NJ sports betting operator, this data is a solid representation of sports bettors from the state and who they pick to cover the spread or win outright.
DraftKings Sportsbook Total Bets And Handle For NFL Week 17
Top and Bottom 5 NFL Team By Moneyline/Spread Handle (Week 17 as of Evening 12/30)
|1||Los Angeles Chargers|
|2||Kansas City Chiefs|
|29||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
Interestingly enough, the Chargers took on the Broncos in Week 17, and yet these were the two teams that took on the most bets. The Chargers got the job done, winning 23-9.
The Lions were the second-to-last team bet on in Week 17, but helped out those who believed, as they decimated the Packers, 31-0. For fans, however, one has to wonder how much that win will impact the Lions’ NFL Draft.
DraftKings Sportsbook Total Bets And Handle For The 2018 NFL Season
DraftKings Sportsbook also provided which NFL teams their users are betting on the most for the entire season.
Top and Bottom 5 NFL Team By Moneyline/Spread Handle (Season Total Thru 12/30)
|1||New England Patriots|
|2||Kansa City Chiefs|
|4||New Orleans Saints|
|5||New York Giants|
|28||San Francisco 49ers|
|30||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
Somehow sports bettors continued to believe in the Giants, who ended with a worse record than the Dolphins and Bills.
DraftKings Sportsbook Has Big Winners In Week 17
DK Sportsbook covers notable wins on the DraftKings App. The last week of the NFL season truly ended with a bang for many players, as there were some HUGE wins.
- A player combined $40 on an eight-pick and an 11-pick Round Robin. This means the user placed $0.20 bets on 165 different eight fighter parlays. The player then placed $7 on one 11 fighter parlay. The user picked all 11 fights correctly to win all 166 combination bets. The player won $10,287.91!
- A player bet $1 on a 12-leg CFB and NBA parlay. The parlay included a bet on Boise State, who were losing when the bowl game was canceled for the first time, voiding that leg of the parlay. What a lucky break! The bettor won $611.96!
- Another bettor placed a $2,000 wager on an eight-team moneyline parlay (picking postseason-bound teams only) and won $68,387.07!
- One player placed two parlays, one eight-team and one nine-team parlay of alternate spreads (longest odds in each parlay were the Bears -3 and Eagles -12.5). The bettor hit both parlays and won over $26,833.43!
- A 12-way parlay of NFL spreads and moneylines saw a player hit 11 of the legs, locking in over $1,000 of profit on a $1.50 wager.
When you can make hundreds or even thousands off of small, risk-free bets, you come to understand why sports betting is thriving in states like New Jersey. And sometimes, you can make a real big bet and be rewarded in a huge way, like the last player mentioned above.
Now with the new DraftKings Sportsbook Pools, the payouts will only get even greater.